Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions from a returning potential wearer
08-14-2010, 04:28 AM,
RE: Questions from a returning potential wearer
Hello Luke77. I read your post a few days ago but was waiting to see if JRob would post a reply as he is the expert in the full -cap department. He`s been busy with his own things I think lately, though he did leave a few replies recently, to other posts. I`m sure he`ll chip in with advice when he sees this. I`m not an expert in full caps, or in the got2bglue, but as far as I know, that product is a very strong hair gel which washes out /releases quite easily in the shower... it`s not available in Ireland, so I have no experience with it, but I have seen posts here on it --seems to be easy to work with.
The forum has had a make-over recently, and I am using Google Chrome, and certain pics are not opening for me either , but not all, for some reason. Try clearing your browser history as the cookies for the site might be to blame -- I`m not a computer geek either, but I was having similar problem recently with other sites, and I cleared the cookies and it mostly sorted out the problem.
Your density sounds as if it was a bit too high on the piece that you ordered --you can specify any density you like --- I know it can be hard to know what to specify on your first piece, and the hair -wearing game can be a steep learning curve at first, but as time goes on you`ll perfect your own ways of doing things and likes/dislikes. You have the right idea in relation to scalp show -through ....... it totally adds a convincing touch to the `art`of wearing. I saw a pic of a full-cap posted a few days ago and it looked quite similar to what you are looking for --it was short and very neat --- I will have a look at the post after I have finished this one --- you may have seen it by now ? I feel the styles you have links-to, can easily be replicated, but again I hope JRob can chime in here .. he`s very knowledgeable as I said. As far as I know [ I will delve into the forums now for a look ] you can use got2bglue at the front hairline as opposed to adhesives --but let me check into that and I`ll get back to you. I got my latest unit cut- in this week, and posted before /after pics on page 3 of the ``2 Videos from Norway`` thread --have a look at them as there is a pic of my own remaining thin hair --- see if it`s similar to yours -- I have not gone down the full -cap route [yet] but may consider it in time --- I can fully appreciate how as a newbie, shaving all your hair and trying to ``manage`` a full cap [positioning it etc ] must have been quite problematic. Would you consider going for a partial similar to my own with a slightly longer length than a full cap with a very short length, just to see if that can kind of ease you into hair wearing without taking the plunge into the world of full caps from the start ? Might just be worth considering. I will be doing a new post --maybe this evening - just for those who may not have read all the way through the `Norway`post --- so people can have a look and make of it what they will .... it can be soul-destroying losing hair especially at a young age and affects self -esteem and confidence, as I am only too well aware of, but don`t be afraid to give it another go. Paul.
I managed to lift the pic that JRob posted of that full cap [hope it`s not copyrighted !! :-) ] At least I credited him with it !
It`s a really nice style and lovely density allowing scalp show -through.... I do hope you can see it. Isn`t it really good ? Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions from a returning potential wearer - Paul In Ireland - 08-14-2010, 04:28 AM