Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Newb - Current Clubber
11-07-2009, 02:28 AM,
Re: Super Newb - Current Clubber
I don't have a set way I wear my hair. Sometimes it's combed down, sometimes not so much. You can pretty much expose your hairline as much as you want. I find walker-no-shine is a strong bond and you can expose alot of hairline. To illustrate this here's a photo of Bruce Willis in a wig when he was in sin city. I can't say for certain what attachment method he uses there. But just an example of how exposed you can get a hairline.
[Image: 2005_sin_city_050.jpg]

There's a guy who is a long time poster on here, he goes by JRob. He posted this picture a while back. It's my favorite hairline picture in terms of wigs. From memory JRob uses tapes and uses Walker No-Shine on the hairline?
[Image: IMGP3713.jpg]

I find the attachment process difficult. Though I've never been much of a hands on person. I'd imagine some people find it easier than others. If you put it on badly, you can always take it off and put it back on. I've done that once or twice. :oops: I think the attachment process is like riding a bike. You have to get on the bike to learn how to ride.My haircut is pretty close to a fauxhawk. Beckham sometimes sports this style.
[Image: mohawk.jpg]
As for cutting your own hair. You can buy clippers from Debbie to cut your own hair. I don't do this. I get my stylist to cut it rather short on the sides and keep it long at the back, as you can probably see in the above picture. It's convient because it's a style that needs a bit of growth before a trim is required. Plus, there's ALOT of short hair on the sides after I get it cut. In my case the blending on the sides and back is really good. I don't think anyone would see me walking down the street and say: 'Oh that guy's hair looks like a wig'.

A good note is when you first get a wig. It isn't going to behave the way you expect. THe hair might be a tad curlier than your own. It might stick up funny. Just use product in it. And the products have to be gentle on the hair. You don't want harsh chemicals in your piece. It will reduce the lifetime of the piece. Use gells and water to tame the hair to how you want it to look. When you force the hair to sit a particular way, the more it will tend to do that. Kinda like bending a spring. This morning was the first time I woke out of bed and saw the piece and couldn't believe it's a hairpiece. It looked amazingly like bed hair. Great personal achievment for me. Big Grin

Hope that answers all your questions.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Super Newb - Current Clubber - hairhat - 11-06-2009, 04:29 AM
Re: Super Newb - Current Clubber - kevinme - 11-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Re: Super Newb - Current Clubber - hairhat - 11-07-2009, 02:28 AM
Re: Super Newb - Current Clubber - kevinme - 11-07-2009, 02:23 PM