Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd opinion
05-01-2019, 10:57 AM,
2nd opinion
I'm sorry this is so long!
Hello everyone!
i'm a 24 year old human who started to receed at around age 20 or so - I have been on finasteride for a little over a year now - however I do feel like overall thinning has continued and there is still a lot of hair miniturization etc.
Sometimes I'm blown away by how thin my hair feels when it's wet compared to just a couple of years ago.

i've known about hair systems for a few years and have followed the forums here occasionally - recently I decided I wanted to do something about my hairline because the amount of time and stress it takes for me to manage my current hairstyle has really started to mess with my mental status. I find myself ALWAYS worried about it - my confidence has seriously started to dwindle recently.

anyways - I went to a local hair replacement salon here in Louisville KY - with the hopes that they could do a "partial" front piece and attach to my recession area but the lady said they didn't do that - so I asked her if I could go ahead and do the whole thing and she VERY strongly suggested against it and said that I still had a lot of hair in my non receeded area. I wanted to post photos of my exact hairline situation here in order to see what other people might think?

based on the photos - would I be a good candidate for a front partial unit?
Would it be smarter just to go with a full unit?
I was considering buying a unit here on toplace but before I did that, I wanted some reassurance that i'm not just losing my mind here..

Attached Files Image(s)

05-02-2019, 11:10 AM,
RE: 2nd opinion
PLZ ANYONE 0:
05-03-2019, 12:17 AM,
Hi Hum,
Thanks for sending those pics. I understand your concern. You could do a frontal partial that would fill in the recession. But I agree with the lady at your local salon. You haven’t lost a sufficient amount of hair to do it. I know it seems like you’ve lost a lot of hair to yourself, but honestly, that recession looks very normal for a guy your age. And it’s not excessive. When hair loss starts to appear we can over-react because it’s a change we’re not used to. But some recession along with other facets of maturing such as the face becoming more angular are normal. I think filling in that recession at this time would be premature. I suggest giving it more time to see if the recession continues. You’re doing the right thing by staying on top of this.
Best,
John
05-03-2019, 12:36 PM,
thank you john I appreciate your response and have digested your input - it makes me feel better hearing this from someone with as much experience and knowledge as you. I'll do what you suggest and monitor my situation closely and act as needed when the time comes!