Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Knot bleaching thread
06-21-2014, 11:17 AM,
RE: Another Knot bleaching thread
Jaycee,
I agree with Hersute. It's easier to bleach knots rather than to dye the hair color and risk getting the dye on the base material and staining the base.
Regards,
John
06-23-2014, 07:02 PM,
Yet, many people get #22 blond hair and dye it themselves because that's the only way to make knots invisible. Instead of me spending all evening doing it, I have to think skilled factory workers could do it faster and better than I could ever do. I tried ventilating hair many years ago. I think I did about 20 strands in an hour. People who do this for living should be able to do many units a day and don't they get paid about $20/day?

I would gladly pay for this extra service if offered. John, is that possible?
06-23-2014, 10:37 PM,
So if you order a #22 and get it dyed, how are they going to dye it the 2 different colours you need it to be to match your natural hair?
06-23-2014, 11:34 PM,
Jacee,
All knots are bleached at the factory. The darker the hair the more tricky it is to bleach. Dye too much and it weakens the knots. Dye too little and the knot does not entirely disappear. The darker the hair the longer the knots need to be bleached. And dying the #22R hair darker by yourself is also tricky--get some dye on the base and you'll have a tough time removing the dye. Hersute brings up a good point---f you have has more than one color in it how are you going to bleach those colors into #22R? I'm not sure what the pay rate is for workers in China but I can tell you that we as hair wearers are the beneficiaries of extremely low labor rates. Cheap labor is the major component that makes hair wearing affordable for all of us. If units were made by American workers making the bare minimum wage the cost of a hair unit would be 'through the roof.' We're very lucky to have access to cheap labor.
Regards,
John
06-25-2014, 08:15 PM,
Ok, I will drop it after one more try....

1. Just about all the hairpieces I have gotten in the past 10 years had bleached knots in front 1" but completely unbleached knots everywhere else. I specify "bleach knots everywhere" but most of the time, just front 1" is bleached. I keep reading about how difficult it is to bleach dark color hair and how bleaching knots can cause early shedding but yet, the factory somehow manages do an excellent bleaching job in the front 1" without damaging the knots. Why can't they replicate what they do in the front 1" everywhere?

2. I have tried coloring hair myself and I agree it is not easy which is why I am asking if that process can be done at the factory, as an extra option. If they can ventilate thousands of hair in a hairpiece, I am sure they can color it too. Since labor rate is low there, all I am asking is if you can ask the factory if this extra service can be added. (1 color only, just last my last order)

If the factory does this day in and day out, maybe they will come up with a betterr way to dye hair. I have read how some people put water soluble gel on lace first to protect it from dye, etc.

3. John, I sent you an email question about ordering an ilace option to avoid the knot bleaching problem a few days ago. I hope you got that.

Thanks,
05-02-2018, 04:37 PM,
You have great questions, which were conveniently ignored. I see threads like this all the time. It's obvious that he avoids questions that he hasn't a good answer for. But I think it looks worse to ignore them.

And I agree. If you say "BLEACHED KNOTS EVERYWHERE"- and they only do the front... well that unit should be remade or rebleached or whatever. It should never pass QC. It's like ordering steak and the waiter shows up with rainbow trout.
05-04-2018, 02:15 PM,
(06-17-2014, 07:56 PM)jaycee Wrote: I tried both. First the Dye Remover in hot water, dipped hairpiece hair for several minutes and nothing!
http://www.amazon.com/Rit-Dye-Powdered-R...ye+remover

Then these bleaching products.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A40...UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A5ET...UTF8&psc=1

I followed the instructions to mix, put a couple of strands of hairpiece hair in the mixture for 15 minutes and it did absolutely nothing!

Am I using wrong products? The hairpiece hair color is #1.
I used that same RIT dye remover and had excellent results. The one time I didn't was when the water was not hot enough. I put a cup in the microwave for 2 minutes, poured it in the bowl with a lid and shook it really good and then it started working; however, my hair is a dark blonde so maybe that's why it works for me? IDK
05-06-2018, 07:41 AM,
(06-11-2014, 08:59 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: jaycee... I found this old post ...I copied /pasted it ..unfortunately the links are in ``computer-speak`` but the poster describes how to do it .... again, unfortunately also, no ` timing` is given ... I suggest you just do a small area first, for a few minutes and see how it looks..

Re: Something I don't get about bleached knots
Folliman,

I posted about this same subject recently. The factory uses textile dyes, not hair dye to color the hair systems. Fabric dyes are much more resistant to bleach and that is why many professionals pre treat knots with fabric dye remover first and then bleach. Do not follow the instructions on the back of the box and boil the fabric dye remover as boiling water would definetely loosen the knots. Use hot water from the microwave, test with your finger, and apply with a cotton ball to the bottom of the unit. Ask someone to help you hold your piece right side up while you apply the remover to the bottom side of your hairpiece so that the remover doesn't migrate down the hair shaft. See the following link for starters <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.angelfire.com/zine/digest/bleach.html">http://www.angelfire.com/zine/digest/bleach.html</a><!--

I use fabric dye remover too, but I don't bother with the bleach. its too damaging to the piece and is not needed