Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thin Skin Stock Unit Color
10-31-2013, 09:52 AM,
Thin Skin Stock Unit Color
Hello,

I'm wearing TL Thin Skin units since one and a half year, and I’m happy so far. Before discovering TL I wore for 12 years expansive and very thick (bad) unit by an Italian famous hair replacement salon.
I always ordered the TL Thin Skin Stock Unit color #4 but I still have a little problem with the color, at the beginning of the unit life (first week) the color is quite good, and then it becomes brighter. I attached some pictures.
Someone has a good suggestion to avoid this?
Can be a good idea to order a darker unit, the Color Number #3!? Or use some special shampoo?
I clean the hair approx. 3 times in a week and I use always the conditioner after celaning.
Another question, the Stock Thin Skin Unit is the same base as the TL700 New Gen?

Thx and Regards,
Alessandro

Attached Files Image(s)

10-31-2013, 01:31 PM,
RE: Thin Skin Stock Unit Color
Your natural hair has more ash tones and the system is fading and becoming brassy in tone.

You should use a sun protector on your system hair, but you can restore the original colour and remove the brassy tones by using Aufero Colour Conditioner.
You would need a Mid or Dark Ash Brown.
Its very simple to use. You just comb it in and rinse it out.

Its available here:
http://r.ebay.com/gbUlv6

and there is more information here:
http://www.facebook.com/Aufero
10-31-2013, 06:30 PM,
In my opinion, you`re washing [shampooing] far too frequently--- this is what`s lifting the colour...hair is not ` dirty` / oily in the way natural hair can be.... I shampoo my system possibly 2 or 3 times a month and I use system-specific shampoo [Remysoft]!! Unless you use lots of products on the hair and it builds-up, thus needing to be shampooed out, there is NO need to shampoo you hair three times a week ! Use leave-in conditioner frequently, spritz / mist the hair daily and it will make a big difference.
10-31-2013, 08:49 PM,
@Hersute: thx for the hint, I will order an Aufero Color Conditioner as soon as possible. You told me about a sun protector for the hair system, you have one to suggest me, or what I have to take care if I will buy one? In this case you don’t think that will be a good idea to try to go for a darker tone on ordering a new Stock unit, for example the color #3?
@Paul: I attach my unit with glue (Magnetc Jeck an Italian product, similar to Ultra Hold, for the front and Ghost Bond for the rest), and I remove it only every 4-6 weeks. I have to shampooing my original hair every approx 3 Days, and it’s not so easy to shampooing only my original hair and not the unit… I sometime use a hair wax to style the hair, but not frequently. I use also a System Specific Shampoo from a German hair replacement online shop; I also use a leave-in conditioner from the same shop. As you suggest I will try to use it every day now. You have some brand suggestion for the conditioner?

Thx and Regards
Alessandro
10-31-2013, 09:04 PM,
I personally would only ever order hair colour that matched my own hair.
Even if you ordered darker hair and then it faded, there is no guarantee that it will fade to match your natural hair and you'll still get the brassy and red tones.

You should concentrate on ordering the matching colour and then preserving or restoring that colour.

A daily leave-in conditioner is essential I think to preserve the hair quality and colour.
Some people buy a normal liquid sunscreen and just pour some of it into the spray bottle of leave-in conditioner.
This is a good idea because the less layers of product you have in your hair, the less you feel the need to wash it.

It wouldn't matter if you got the system hair wet when you wash your hair, as long as you only applied the shampoo to your natural hair.
But I agree with Paul 100% that the less you wash your hair, the better.
If you're not using large amounts of styling products, it really isn't necessary.

A good place to find products is Sally's Hair & Beauty and they have several stores throughout Germany.

One further suggestion...
On your next order, I think you should drop the density of the hair around the sides & back by at least 10% at the side & 20% at the back, to get a really perfect blend with the density of your natural hair in those areas.
10-31-2013, 10:10 PM,
Thx Hersute for the fast answer, the color #4 for the stock unit was suggested my by John TL by looking my picture.
I will proceed to add some liquid sun cream to my conditioner, good hint ;-) You have any suggestion of a leave-in conditioner? By Sally's Hair & Beauty shop you can find so many different, that I have no idea which to buy…
About your last suggestion, my goal is for the future to order custom unit with the perfect color and density. But a question, the TL700 New Gen base is the same as the Thin Skin Stock unit base? Or is this an improvement of the thin skin stock unit base?
10-31-2013, 11:38 PM,
I'm not very familiar with the different TopLace systems, so I can't help you with that.

As for which is the best leave-in conditioner, ones that don't contain too much oil are best, but on the whole, I don't think it matters which one.
Its best to try a few.
My personal favourite is Johnsons Baby No More Tangles.
11-01-2013, 01:09 AM,
Ciao Alessandro

That is a very handsome piece, and you look good in it. However, in the first photo your real hair at the sides looks rather thin by comparison with your piece, and that is making the blending issue more obvious. Was that photo taken when your real hair was wet or sweaty? If not, you might want to think of using some scalp make-up (Toppik or something similar) to make your real hair look a bit thicker.
11-01-2013, 02:28 AM,
@Hersute: thx ;-)
@Baldrich: thx for the compliments, I appreciate ;-) You are right; in the first picture I had a little bit wet hair, why it was a raining day. In attachment some pictures with the day before washed hair. You think I need nevertheless some scalp make-up or can be fine without as in the picture?

Attached Files Image(s)

11-01-2013, 03:33 AM,
Well it definitely does look good, but I think a little scalp make-up would make the blend even better. Also, I would be slightly concerned that your real hair might get wet unexpectedly (in the rain or from sweating) and the contrast between your hairpiece and the real hair would be a giveaway.

My guess from these pictures is that you don't have much real hair to work with, and unfortunately in the next couple of years you may have to reduce the density of your hairpiece or go for a three-quarter cap.