Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling All Athletes: Ever had hair fall off/slip?
12-07-2011, 03:01 AM,
Calling All Athletes: Ever had hair fall off/slip?
Honest questions guys. I am very active, and want to wear hair obviously. I play basketball and baseball mostly. I'm a little worried about having to wear a hat. I feel like it may catch the hair and have it fly off.

Also, in basketball, a hard foul on the head or something. I know I'm fearing the worst, but I also know other active people have done these things. Tell me about your experiences.
12-07-2011, 03:14 AM,
RE: Calling All Athletes: Ever had hair fall off/slip?
i LIVE A pretty rough life style, and with a proper attachment< it isnt going anyplace until you spray lace release, i use extreme hold salon pro clear glue and i forget im wearing
12-07-2011, 03:26 AM,
(12-07-2011, 03:14 AM)D B COOPER Wrote: i LIVE A pretty rough life style, and with a proper attachment< it isnt going anyplace until you spray lace release, i use extreme hold salon pro clear glue and i forget im wearing

With a proper attachment, if any one tried to pull it off, it would probably rip your scalp if it did come off. No worries, I play a lot of softball, and sweat like a pig on hot days, it ain't going anywhere.
12-07-2011, 03:45 AM,
I used to ask the same question i play fooball (soccer) and used to play wearing a cap and was worried that the cap would fly off so assumed a piece would do the same thing. Until i had a piece secured on my head and realized it was going no where.
12-07-2011, 07:33 AM,
What do you guys use? I have my piece, I'm ready for a cut-in...I need like a started kit of glues, releasers, etc. made for athletes.

Also, how long do yours last as an athlete?
12-07-2011, 08:12 AM,
Blue tape sides and back , ghost bond glue on the front should do it. Its what i use .
12-07-2011, 12:26 PM,
sagem. can you give me a link to where i can buy blue tape? im really confused as to what blue tape is. i ordered the wrong one last time.
12-07-2011, 02:46 PM,
As for activities:

I was at a gwar concert once... They ah, soak you. Well at the time I had no clue about white glues deteriorating with water and sweat. I had a clue that would happen but never pushed it.

Story: So the concert starts than the heat goes up! 30 minutes in the band starts shooting some kind of colored water out on the floor. I started feeling like the unit was lifting. Then 15 minutes in I get hit, direct shot to the head and blab I felt it slide. Fortunately I had 20 minutes to go, so I dealt with it. On the way to the car ( midnight mind you ) I was with one other friend and I was not comfortable. I know the dark would shield me a bit but not knowing it just miserable. Once in the car I tried to hide myself a bit not to look at my buddy. He proly figure it was a stiff neck. I tried to reach up and see what the damage may be but just was not sure. I could tell it lifted in multiple places. When I finally got back to my car I check it out and yeah it was not really glued down any more. Front back side, everywhere. Last time I did that! I definitely do blue tape, get it from Debbie.

Resolution: If you like white glues, use tape in the center to hold it down. Good safety net. If you find a clear glue that works, they hold up great in moisture. Also most tapes will not budge under these conditions.

Personally I use davyln and I swim under water, work out, and sower with it. 1 week hold.

as for catching: I ware a hat a lot and never have an issue. You do far more damage sleeping. If anything grabs the hair you may have issues. I have a 16 month year old and he is dangerous. On a new attachment its no big deal, but 4 days in, he can make it move.
12-07-2011, 07:43 PM,
(12-07-2011, 12:26 PM)elvis Wrote: sagem. can you give me a link to where i can buy blue tape? im really confused as to what blue tape is. i ordered the wrong one last time.
http://splitendshairreplacement.com/

You will see it half way down.
Ok the link open on the home page , but you will find it under products . Scroll down and you will find it.
12-09-2011, 06:01 AM,
Ulao, that's some what discouraging news. Are white glues really that week? I understand a lot of people use ORWG, does it really come off with one splash of water? I would have hoped it would hold better than this. And if someone pulls on it even the tape isn't very strong? I never thought a baby grabbing the hair could loosen it or make it move.... that's a tad worrisome.