Toplace USA
Template outer important? - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Template outer important? (/showthread.php?tid=6804)

Template outer important? - paul809809 - 08-11-2018

Can anyone tell me, when you do the template, is the template about the inner part of it, getting a mould of your head, or does the outer part matter as much? I can't get the outer part done without the cellotape rippling or other imperfections. If the outer part isn't too important I'm fine. Thanks.

RE: Template outer important? - paul809809 - 08-11-2018

Nobody knows?

RE: Template outer important? - mickeyblueyes - 08-12-2018

Hey Paul

Yes i would say so.
They will need the shape of you head as well as the curvature around the edges its all important and worth taking plenty of time to get it right. Are you using the clingfilm wrapped over your head and tied under you chin Technic? It can be tricky to get it completely crease free. Might help sending a picture to john (toplace) he will know if its good enough.

RE: Template outer important? - paul809809 - 08-12-2018

Thanks, Mickey.

Yes, the cling film. I've tried about twenty times now. Takes several attempts to get it tight enough all around. Drawing the outline is okay. But the tape is a pain in the ass. Might get the first couple of bits on, but one inevitably comes along that has a big crease in it or such and I have to start all over. Driving me to despair, I'm not sure how other people find it so easy.

RE: Template outer important? - mickeyblueyes - 08-13-2018

Hey Paul

It really should not be taking that many attempts. As long as you pulling the clingfilm down tight over your head and tying under your chin to keep it tight then i used 20mm wide sellotape and a tape dispenser makes it easier, you want to go from front to back all over then from side to side making sure the tape has no creases you can always do smaller piece's around the perimeter both across and around to give extra strength. There are plenty of videos on youtube on how to do this just search for How to make a hair system template.

RE: Template outer important? - paul809809 - 08-13-2018

Thanks, Mickey.

I've watched a hundred videos. Read a hundred explanations. How people get it crease free is beyond me. They must be using some special type of cling film or sellotape. I'm told the outer isn't as important, so it's gonna have creases in it. Otherwise I'll still be here this time next year trying it. I saw a template photo on one of the other main suppliers, and that had a bunch of sellotape imperfections in it. As usual, nobody seems to have the definitive answer.

RE: Template outer important? - ToplaceUSA - 08-17-2018

The template doesn’t have to be wrinkle free. We get templates all the time with wrinkles. The factory doesn’t measure each tiny ‘lump’ on the template. Just do your best.